Friday, July 10, 2009

Finding yourself..the purpose of life

There are so many things to love in this world, the love of a husband or wife, the love of a girlfriend or boyfriend, there is a material love, there is an obsession which people call love, love of food, love of freedom, love of obscenity, everybody associates love with everything, but why is it that we all finally end up in discernment about our love with just one thing? Why do we get so fixed we don't understand the difference between love and obsession and we start defining our obsession as love? It is no longer what it actually started off to mean. Love is something that is to give us untold happiness, but why do we still stick on to that one thing which is causing us so much pain and still define it as love, why do we categorize it as something you cant let go your entire life. You start feeling crap like my life has no meaning without that one thing. Is this what this world thinks of it? Has every mind in love become so result-oriented you get so obsessed you go to the extent of wanting to destroy it just because you couldn't achieve it?

Well, many of these questions are unanswered, atleast not by me alone. I might no be so experienced in life, but, can't we be rational enough is what I ask myself at every point in life. Life is too long and too beautiful to be stuck on just one thing is what I feel. I agree it takes time for every mind to break out of something, cos, as every great person would say, hopes and dreams are what define mankind and differentiate us from animals and other living creatures and places us apart as the dominant species on this planet. But, can we let our own characteristic ruin us? Dreams are thwarted, but only so that we see new ones. Why doesn't everybody relaize this? That is how our entire species has evolved and are we loosing the base of our evolution as we evolve more?

Love is something which you can say in these simple words as, "Love is something which fills me, defines me and makes me what I am and where I find my ultimate goal of living....finding my purpose". The day one realizes this and starts towards that goal, the word pain would no longer need a meaning in any vocabulary or language. I have embarked on a journey, considering the civilization around me a wilderness, where I am looking for my salvation as a human being, to find my ultimate love and realize my purpose. The day I am proven wrong, I shall come back here and write otherwise. But, it is a dream and it is not wrong to dream. So, is it wrong for me to help others also dream...to find their ultimate purpose in life??

No comments:

Post a Comment